Vitamin C Serum benefits your daily skincare routine in a number of ways - heals skin for aging, dark spots, under eyes, and acne scars. Vitamin C serum is a popular choice when it comes to preventing skin conditions such as moles, warts, skin tags, sun spots, and clogged pores.
Advanced 2-in-1 Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Our all Natural Vitamin C serum with hyaluronic acid will create new collagens to restore the elasticity and structure of your skin damaged by years of sun damage and a harsh environment. Formulated with the highest quality, natural ingredients, and standards, our Vitamin C serum with hyaluronic delivers your face a firmer and more youthful complexion.
Benefits of Vitamin C Serum for Face
Vitamin C serums for the face and skin are increasingly popular due to their proven results, anti-aging properties, and ease of use. Not only are they known to moisturize and regenerate healthy, durable skin, Vitamin C serums are also known to act as excellent defenders against everyday pollutants including radiation, sunlight, cancer-causing molecules, and smoke.
SmartrSkin maximizes the benefits of Vitamin C for the face and skin by combining:
- Vitamin C (20%), Vitamin E, to help prevent sun damage.
- Hyaluronic Acid, to retain moisture & speed up healing.
- Natural Jojoba Oil, to help control bacterial growth.
- Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera, for sunburns & skin irritation.
- Amino Acid Arginine, to help heal acne and skin damage.
Read more on Vitamin C Serum benefits on our Blogs page.
Vitamin C serum to Help Heal Acne Scars
Vitamin C serum helps heal acne scars by protecting the skin from UV damage and pollution, which will naturally result in lesser breakouts. Vitamin C hinders the production of tyrosinase, an enzyme the body produces for pigment, and without it, any dark pigmentation spots (including acne scars and sunspots) will be lightened over time resulting in brighter looking skin. In the rare case of a breakout during the first few days of usage, stop using the serum and consult a dermatologist before using it again.
Vitamin C Serum for Dark Spots
Post acne marks and sunspots are formed differently, but both hyperpigmentation types are treated the same way. Vitamin C aids your skin's natural regeneration process making it a perfect addition to your daily brightening routine to fight against dark spots. Vitamin C contains a property that inhibits your skin's melanin production, meaning fewer dark spots will be created in the first place. Vitamin C serum benefits your skin during the day to help prevent dark spots; however, it may cause sun damage if you don’t use sunscreen of at least SPF 50.
Vitamin C Serum Side Effects
Vitamin C Serum Side Effects: Even though Vitamin C benefits are endless, there are unfortunately some people that may experience side effects. Consult a dermatologist before using if you have sensitive skin or if you face any of these Vitamin C serum side effects,
- Irritation: Although Vitamin C serum is widely used by people with all skin types, it is typically common for those with sensitive skin to experience irritation.
- Breakouts: Vitamin C serum for acne scars can help protect the skin from UV damage and pollution, which will naturally result in lesser breakouts. In the rare case of a breakout during the first few days of usage, stop using the serum and consult a dermatologist before using it again.
- Flaky Skin: This is just dead skin falling off. Flaky skin is something that might happen during the first few days of usage if you use too much of the Vitamin C serum, so start slow if you have a public appearance coming up. Using a moisturizer can reduce this Vitamin C serum side effect.
- Sun Damage: Vitamin C serum benefits skin during the daytime and will help you against harmful UV; however, it might cause sun damage if you don’t use sunscreen of at least SPF 50.
Vitamin C Serum while Pregnancy
Proper sleep plays a big role in giving your skin a healthy glow; however, pregnancy doesn't allow time for a beautiful sleep. Vitamin C is essential in the world of skincare, solving just about every issue one might encounter during pregnancy and bringing back that glow when you've been up most of the night. Vitamin C serum helps heal hyperpigmentation by protecting the skin from UV damage and pollution, which will naturally result in lesser breakouts.
- SmartrSkin Vitamin C serum benefits both day and night, and is recommended as part of your daily morning and evening skincare routine.
- Morning Routine: Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, apply toner, apply Vitamin C serum on face, pat any excess product onto the top of your hands, neck, and décolletage, apply eye cream, apply moisturizer, apply sunscreen, let it dry, and then begin your makeup.
- Evening Routine: Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, apply toner, apply eye cream, apply Vitamin C Serum on face, hands, neck, and décolletage, use a hydrating cream mask or face oil, use moisturizer.